28+ years, is the
time I took to understand this great personality? It was negligence and not
ignorance. As I begin to coop down my memories, I am sure that similar personality
has played an attractive role in everyone’s life. But I never bothered to even
think about my dad. He was not as successful in his fire fought career, but is reverential
and an honest man to be looked forever. His retirement reverberated among his colleagues.
He was one of the very few personalities whose dutiful devotion was paid off in
his clean chit retirement.
I remember my early
childhood days when I looked down my father as a Hitler. Sarcastically, I have
a passion towards few of Hitler’s attributes. I remember tough chastisement I
was given for my mischiefs and carelessness. Those nightmares might have
daunted me, but not anymore. I got the best childhood days with my dad’s
mundane routine, my mom’s infinite love and my sister’s entertaining acts. The family
I grew was none to second but for some reason it failed to etch my mind for a
long time. I not only kept pointing my fingers at my dad but also not complacent
with this indefinite patience.
It was 2007 and he
took a great leap to support me during the darkest of all times. All the 22+
years of ‘Hitler’ attitude suddenly turned to ‘Mother Theresa’ act. Still I had
conflicts. The moment I came out of this pitch, I was so selfish in keeping him
occupied with my grievances. 2006 (Engineering Degree) was followed by 2007
(footstep in to my career) was followed by 2012 (Sister Marriage). 2013 witnessed
kink in my personal life (marriage, memories filled with tragediesJ). Still I didn’t
even give an opportunity to think about I can do. But yes, my father changed a
lot for myself apart from his never ending sacrifice.
My mom and sister
(more rightfully) weighs both myself and my father than anyone. This self-ago
never attracted these ladies that they take a firm stand with more calm thoughts.
It was December 2013 and ‘Conflict of thought’ opened my minds towards reality. My 28 years of selfish belief was broken in to pieces by my sister
(salute to her). Neither my father nor my acts outweighed. Everything was circumstantial
and I always failed when it came to reality. My father was more silent enough
to accept it. I do regret for what I have done but this stance is not going to
change anything. I started to admire his simplicity, his fight towards life,
his affection towards family, his assuring promises, acceptable mind for the
generation, his genuine thoughts and finally his independent stand as a man!
I still have my
conflicts but I am certain that this cannot pave way to a ‘blind fight’. I
doubt that I can bring in his ‘knowledge trait and compassion’ but it
is worth a try!
My never ending
thanks to my lovable sister and my righteous mother will come for ages. More
than a tribute to my father this morsel is a family reunion!
An imposing tribute to dad .. Also it displays great bond & love towards ur mom & sister .. Feeling blessed to be part of the family ..
ReplyDelete