Photo Gallery of the Trip
A long wait (probably the one which we were longing) came true. The day was 26-November-08. I fled from office by 8:30 PM (which is too early) for me. I have never seen such an evening (for quite some time). I was praying for the dawn - Our Trip starts by 8:00 AM next morning. Myself with three of my college friends were planning for a holiday trip. The plan was charted out two months back. Though lot such plans were drafted in the past those were futile attempt as nothing came alive. Pure coincidences as our calendars were relatively free. It was “Thanksgiving”. I started from Trivandrum by 9:00 PM. As usual I didn’t get a proper sleep while on-board. I reached Coimbatore by 7:00 AM. My home is temporarily out of Coimbatore so I was to go to Vineeth’s house for getting ready. I called up my friend Vineeth to ensure that he picks me on time. The only thought pondering in each one of our mind is when we will meet each other for fun. As usual Vineeth came late by half-an-hour. We started towards his house. On the way we were trying to reach two other friends – Rajeev and Jagan. Both of them were reachable and they were getting ready. We were convinced that Jagan reached “IN TIME”. On our way to Vineeth house I wanted to have a look at our new construction site (of our house). We headed directly without any hesitation as I assured that I would get ready by 8:00. We went and had a glance. Thoughts were pondering in my mind like – How was I? How am I now? How many friends since my childhood? How independent am I? I know that these were really absurd question for the moment. But a flash passed through my mind with these questions. This was my trip to Coimbatore since March, 2008. Many places seem to be more urbanized. Vineeth was having a constant chat with me without a break. We were making many plans for the trip. We finally reached Vineeth’s home by 7:45. I was ready by 8:00. In the meanwhile the cab which we booked arrived. We called up Jagan confirming our arrival in next 15 Mins. As usual he was searching for something at the last moment. Think he got it finally. Jagan started his show from that moment. The next 15 mins was full of fun. We asked Rajeev to make his way to a famous landmark as we were not sure of his new house. The trip started. Finally the awaiting moment came true. We started to feel that Audio/Video CD would make our trip much more enjoyable. But then our efforts were in vain as we didn’t find a Music shop open at such “Odd” Hours. Actually I asked Jagan to be ready with a music CD. I thought that he might clutter the plan. No surprise as he made a mess while “burning” the music CD. But we want our trip to be more memorable. As a first step we made a pit stop for our “Breakfast” (I was having my breakfast after a long time). We had a very heavy breakfast that it was enough to carry us till midnight. Fun, frolic, photos, pranks and sarcastic words were roaming around that none of us felt bored or alone. Finally we reached Munnar with some unforgettable scenes. But we were not able to spot our cottage as it was too dark. Added to it fog made us to watch our movement. Finally we spotted our destination and reached the cottage by 8:00 PM. We already had enough food and junk items that we hardly felt hungry. We switched on the TV and to our dismay we came to know about the “Mumbai Terror”. Conversations, agreements and debate were going among us on this “Controversial” issue. We flicked from one channel to another for updates. Situation calmed among us and we planned for a game of cards. The one good thing which Jagan did was having a “Pack of Cards” ready for us. Our game started. The game turned to be very interesting as “Rajeev” and “Jagan” started fighting for their “Losing” position. Though Jagan was targeted, Rajeev won this losing position to our surprise. The one thing which I would cherish is the location of the “Cottage”. It was a nice lonely place. We felt like we were in the mid-forest – away from the buzzing city. I used have dreams of this kind of house (with more hi-tech facilities). We went out for a few snaps with the nature. It was really a good experience. Day1 came to a close as we were very tired of our journey. We called our day by around 3:00 AM. Day2 started by 7:00 AM. Though we started our day by 7:00 AM, the dawn came for us by 10:00 AM as we started our day by then. It was a lazy morning as we nearly took 3 hours to get ready. We started to a hotel as we were hungry. After our breakfast we started our trip. We went to Mattupatti Lake. The climate turned out to be too cold. We are having a guy (Rajeev) who took photos of almost everything we saw. He didn’t spare the common things which we see day to day. If you have a look at his photos there will be no need of a trip to Munnar. From here we headed to “Echo Point”. The places are really nice to visit as the climate was flavoring each and every moment of our enjoyment. We spent enough time at each and every place. From here we headed to “Top Station”. We had a nice trekking as we went for nearly a 2 Km walk. We had a look at “Idduki district”, “Tribal village” and a falls at a single stroke which would remain in the memory of each person who makes it to this place. It was a narrow trekking. Vineeth was not able to make it as he felt tired half-way. Our never mind attitude made us to reach the destination. Really scenic!!! It was getting dark and we made our way to the cottage. Again the night life started for us – Cards, TV and Photo sessions packed with fun. Jagan went to bed early as he had an eagerness to get up early next day. We three chatted for long hours and went to bed by 03:00 A.M. Day3 started in the same way as Day2. But our photographer wants his camera to be filled with the flower garden. So we started our day a bit fast. We packed our things and vacated the cottage. We settled the bill and beckoned a bye to the lovely cottage. We started our day with the flower garden. I gave my camera to Vineeth and he was involved in his work for some time. Though I and Rajeev alone had camera the entire Munnar can be view through our albums. We headed towards “Rajamalai hills”. We went to the top and took a trekking up the hills for 2 kms. The fog and mist was accompanying our trekking. It was hard to believe where I am. Photo-sessions ended as we spent a 4 hour time over there. It was time and we bid adieu to Munnar. We started our way back to “Coimbatore”. We crossed the mid-forest. It was a rejuvenating experience!!! Tiredness can be very easily spotted out in each one of our face. We reached and waved hands at each other with a light disheartened feeling. I am not sure as to when I would get such an opportunity again. I often get pre-occupied as we may not get such opportunities. The commitment to the fast pace world is one such reason. The next day I promised to Vineeth for movie “Varnam Ayaram” at KG Multiplex. I was really tired as I didn’t have proper sleep for some long time. This trip added to my tiredness. But I was not able to feel the ache at any point. At night I geared myself for the next day. I called up my teammate to get update on the “Project Status” to ensure that things were smooth. Though I took one day leave it was too much for me. I heard the good news that everything is fine and we were doing well as a “workaholics”.The days when we meet our alumni will be cherished in each one’s life. I am sure that this written memoir will never fade away from my heart. I have had grudges, misunderstandings and arguments with some close people and these three carried it in the long run. Still I long for a “wind back” button to go back and spend time with my close buddies.
No comments:
Post a Comment