It was 20-Sep-2011 morning 7:30. A tiring Tuesday as Monday’s would be bit long (for me). I was there in the office attending to a call and fixing a critical issue online. I had to assign a couple to task to my team after which I had to leave for an important meeting. It was the account day celebration and I was to master the ceremony by anchoring the event. As usual the preparation started a month ago. I don’t want to commit anything beyond and I went for what I can excel. The mock started by morning 11:30 AM. There was this girl who was to anchor this show with me. It was her first time and she didn’t show much nervousness. On the other hand for me this is the third show but I had a reluctant attitude. After two rounds of discussion everyone dispersed for lunch. I was asked by one my manager who was concerned that my speech should synch with my attire. However good your presentation skill, a proper attire would add flavor to the situation. I drove all through 40 Kms up and down to my home to have my dress changed. After a quick home lunch I was back to office by 3:30 PM. By then the event started taking its shape (as it was supposed to get kick started by 5:00 PM). This girl who was to partner the show, lacked some confidence (I felt). She was roaming around the auditorium memorizing her script. When she turned back to me and asked – “Am I well-set?” I asked her is there any assessment which is going to decide life and death. She gave a smile and confidently replied “No”. There were people who kept on changing the agenda which made to her to get agitated. I just asked her to keep the script as a holding stick, be natural to yourself and try to articulate what you can. The only difference between you and the audience down is they are going to enjoy down there and you do the same by being on the stage. By now I had one my team mate joining with me. We had an hour long fun-frolic session. Everything was set and the show is about to begin at 5:30 PM.
The only event where I showed my interest was on quiz. I was fortunate enough to bring back first prize. When the event commenced I saw a fear on the face of those inexperienced people (but worked hard for this event). By being from their position I understand their sense of responsibility. I noticed that if I go as per the plan, response would be poor. Immediately I took a turn and changed the agenda a little to create a tempo for which I was given the full authority by mangers and organizers. My welcome note which was for 3 minutes lasted only for a minute, as I had to amend the script on stage to create the initial tempo. I was able to feel the pulse of each and every individual. Spirits were running high. Immediately I turned the crowds focus on a video clip. I was mentally drained by now. When the crowds focus was on cheering the video, I quickly went to refresh myself as I was pretty sure that I would put down the mood of the crowd If I don’t recharge myself. When I was back the momentum was all set. The proceedings were so smooth that the crowd acknowledged each and every event. Of course the script design played a main role. I received my quiz award along with my three member team. The vote of thanks was so emotional that each and every individual congratulated me. It was 7:40 PM. The event lasted exactly for 140 minutes. It was a thorough enjoyment for each and every individual, no matter how long they were in there. I had an inner satisfaction of successfully anchoring the event with the girl. But I am pretty much sure I was not in my full swing. I lacked this freshness in my face and body. I signed off from the events team who were confident and appreciative of my performance, the way in which I synched up with the crowd and brought back the mood whenever needed. After bidding adieu to the account directors over there I returned back to my desk by 8:15 PM. It was not to call off my 12 Hours at office but for a design approval change with my client partner from Japan and U.S. It was scheduled to be at 8:30 PM IST. My bay was completely isolated (as everyone one was rejoicing the dinner and DJ party to acknowledge the event conclusion which ended by 9:00 PM). The call lasted for 1 hour. My design change was approved and appreciated for its performance. By 9:30 I was totally tired. I somewhere had this inner thought that I didn’t enjoy this show thoroughly. I was just browsing this article and came across – “Why me?” My whole purpose of this section starts now.
Why am I not getting a life which I deserve? Why am I being punished so hard for what I am not responsible? Why am I being cornered with luck factor? Why doesn’t Mr. X understand me? Why doesn’t Miss. Y take accountability? Why am I not being awarded for what I deserve? This three letter word is very hard answer. Not only my office bay was deserted even my sub-conscious mind. I got this opportunity to revive my thoughts. We always have this tendency to compare and question ourselves with others that we tend to lose our happiness. How much we have enjoyed a holiday trip? We go on a holiday trip for our updating Facebook album. Once back we don’t even remember the places we visited and the people to whom we thought we listened too. Our mind gets preoccupied with things even when we don’t want to. Same happens with life. We think either about the future or about past and tend to forget the present. Having plans for life is worth the time but being futuristic is highly not advisable.
God was given duty by his boss to pick each individual a day and address their concern. One day he picked up a talented, smart-working, unacknowledged 25 year old software engineer from his sleep. On his way to meet God he first asked the angels – Where are we going? Angles smiled – “To meet God”. His immediate question was why? Angels, “To address your concerns”. “How far is God from here? Angles replied – “100 light years”. Once he was out of earth he saw the beauty of earth. This time his question was – “At what speed are we travelling?” Angels – “1 Light year/ Minute”. Once he was nearing the end of the galaxy – “What is the next galaxy?” Angles – “Andromeda”. Finally he reached the gate of God’s heaven.
God – Welcome my Son
Human – God, Why Am I here?
God – To hear your concerns
Human – I thought you know all
God – I would like to hear it from you
Human – Each and every day at office is a hell for me. I overwork for my self-satisfaction. But I don’t get satisfied. Though not expected, I am not awarded for what I am. I am not paid well. When I compare myself to those who are below par (but more deserved) I get frustrated for what I am. When I get back home my family shirks at me for being late. I want to go on a holiday trip but my presence is critical for the project. I am not able to spend quality time with my family. I don’t even get what an average person deserves. Life and career seems to be dark around me.
God – Smiled. Is that all?
Human – Is there any possibility where a human can get more?
God – Can I ask you a few of questions?
Human – As long as I can answer
God – How was earth when you saw entire globe in one single sight
Human – I didn’t notice
God – On your way to heaven how many planets were there and which one you liked most
Human – Not sure
God – What was the most pleasant moment of your journey and how much you enjoyed it?
Human – No idea
God – Coming to your office. How many people sit near your cubicle?
Human – May be 10 or 12
God – How you spend your office breaks?
Human – I take a cup of coffee and come back to my desk in a minute or two
God – What is it which you expect to change so that your life gets better?
Human – Recognition of work and meeting my expectation. Of course things will fall in place if my superiors take a call on it,
God – You didn’t enjoy your travel out of your universe which many won’t get. You don’t even know the faces and/or names of people sitting around. You don’t spend your office/ weekend breaks qualitatively. After all that hard earned name, fame and money what is it you would do? You would aim for something higher. Yes, I give all these to people who are bound to use it, who spend quality time with friends, who enjoy what they are, who knows what to do when, who knows how to balance life and work. Their competency can stand nowhere near you. But on the same line you cannot enjoy life as how they do. For you I give the patience and maturity which is very rare and difficult quality to develop. At the end of the day when you go to bed your problem is least when you compare to those hunger-driven children in streets, homeless aged, parents who lost their only child, humans longing for love. This life of your may span for another 50 years. Complexity of life, relation, happiness and grievances cannot be captured in a book or a formula. Live, enjoy and feel it.
Human –I don’t want to change my surrounding anymore but I would like change myself for my wellness and people who count on me. I promise that the next time when I meet you (after my death) I would be a person full of happiness and cheer.
God – Wish you a sweet dreams and a successful journey back to earth.
This time he enjoyed the beauty of each and every moment of his travel. With no change in time not only he but I also woke up from my sub-consciousness. It was 9:45. I was back home by 10:30 (after 45 minutes journey). I called of my day at 11:30 PM with the sense of happiness which I didn’t have 3 hours ago.
Life is full of happiness. Take breaks, spend time with you loved ones, bunk a few classes, skip meeting, miss a couple of deadlines, talk with people, get to know about things, be casual, enjoy each and every moment thinking about the present and finally BE YOURSELF.
The only event where I showed my interest was on quiz. I was fortunate enough to bring back first prize. When the event commenced I saw a fear on the face of those inexperienced people (but worked hard for this event). By being from their position I understand their sense of responsibility. I noticed that if I go as per the plan, response would be poor. Immediately I took a turn and changed the agenda a little to create a tempo for which I was given the full authority by mangers and organizers. My welcome note which was for 3 minutes lasted only for a minute, as I had to amend the script on stage to create the initial tempo. I was able to feel the pulse of each and every individual. Spirits were running high. Immediately I turned the crowds focus on a video clip. I was mentally drained by now. When the crowds focus was on cheering the video, I quickly went to refresh myself as I was pretty sure that I would put down the mood of the crowd If I don’t recharge myself. When I was back the momentum was all set. The proceedings were so smooth that the crowd acknowledged each and every event. Of course the script design played a main role. I received my quiz award along with my three member team. The vote of thanks was so emotional that each and every individual congratulated me. It was 7:40 PM. The event lasted exactly for 140 minutes. It was a thorough enjoyment for each and every individual, no matter how long they were in there. I had an inner satisfaction of successfully anchoring the event with the girl. But I am pretty much sure I was not in my full swing. I lacked this freshness in my face and body. I signed off from the events team who were confident and appreciative of my performance, the way in which I synched up with the crowd and brought back the mood whenever needed. After bidding adieu to the account directors over there I returned back to my desk by 8:15 PM. It was not to call off my 12 Hours at office but for a design approval change with my client partner from Japan and U.S. It was scheduled to be at 8:30 PM IST. My bay was completely isolated (as everyone one was rejoicing the dinner and DJ party to acknowledge the event conclusion which ended by 9:00 PM). The call lasted for 1 hour. My design change was approved and appreciated for its performance. By 9:30 I was totally tired. I somewhere had this inner thought that I didn’t enjoy this show thoroughly. I was just browsing this article and came across – “Why me?” My whole purpose of this section starts now.
Why am I not getting a life which I deserve? Why am I being punished so hard for what I am not responsible? Why am I being cornered with luck factor? Why doesn’t Mr. X understand me? Why doesn’t Miss. Y take accountability? Why am I not being awarded for what I deserve? This three letter word is very hard answer. Not only my office bay was deserted even my sub-conscious mind. I got this opportunity to revive my thoughts. We always have this tendency to compare and question ourselves with others that we tend to lose our happiness. How much we have enjoyed a holiday trip? We go on a holiday trip for our updating Facebook album. Once back we don’t even remember the places we visited and the people to whom we thought we listened too. Our mind gets preoccupied with things even when we don’t want to. Same happens with life. We think either about the future or about past and tend to forget the present. Having plans for life is worth the time but being futuristic is highly not advisable.
God was given duty by his boss to pick each individual a day and address their concern. One day he picked up a talented, smart-working, unacknowledged 25 year old software engineer from his sleep. On his way to meet God he first asked the angels – Where are we going? Angles smiled – “To meet God”. His immediate question was why? Angels, “To address your concerns”. “How far is God from here? Angles replied – “100 light years”. Once he was out of earth he saw the beauty of earth. This time his question was – “At what speed are we travelling?” Angels – “1 Light year/ Minute”. Once he was nearing the end of the galaxy – “What is the next galaxy?” Angles – “Andromeda”. Finally he reached the gate of God’s heaven.
God – Welcome my Son
Human – God, Why Am I here?
God – To hear your concerns
Human – I thought you know all
God – I would like to hear it from you
Human – Each and every day at office is a hell for me. I overwork for my self-satisfaction. But I don’t get satisfied. Though not expected, I am not awarded for what I am. I am not paid well. When I compare myself to those who are below par (but more deserved) I get frustrated for what I am. When I get back home my family shirks at me for being late. I want to go on a holiday trip but my presence is critical for the project. I am not able to spend quality time with my family. I don’t even get what an average person deserves. Life and career seems to be dark around me.
God – Smiled. Is that all?
Human – Is there any possibility where a human can get more?
God – Can I ask you a few of questions?
Human – As long as I can answer
God – How was earth when you saw entire globe in one single sight
Human – I didn’t notice
God – On your way to heaven how many planets were there and which one you liked most
Human – Not sure
God – What was the most pleasant moment of your journey and how much you enjoyed it?
Human – No idea
God – Coming to your office. How many people sit near your cubicle?
Human – May be 10 or 12
God – How you spend your office breaks?
Human – I take a cup of coffee and come back to my desk in a minute or two
God – What is it which you expect to change so that your life gets better?
Human – Recognition of work and meeting my expectation. Of course things will fall in place if my superiors take a call on it,
God – You didn’t enjoy your travel out of your universe which many won’t get. You don’t even know the faces and/or names of people sitting around. You don’t spend your office/ weekend breaks qualitatively. After all that hard earned name, fame and money what is it you would do? You would aim for something higher. Yes, I give all these to people who are bound to use it, who spend quality time with friends, who enjoy what they are, who knows what to do when, who knows how to balance life and work. Their competency can stand nowhere near you. But on the same line you cannot enjoy life as how they do. For you I give the patience and maturity which is very rare and difficult quality to develop. At the end of the day when you go to bed your problem is least when you compare to those hunger-driven children in streets, homeless aged, parents who lost their only child, humans longing for love. This life of your may span for another 50 years. Complexity of life, relation, happiness and grievances cannot be captured in a book or a formula. Live, enjoy and feel it.
Human –I don’t want to change my surrounding anymore but I would like change myself for my wellness and people who count on me. I promise that the next time when I meet you (after my death) I would be a person full of happiness and cheer.
God – Wish you a sweet dreams and a successful journey back to earth.
This time he enjoyed the beauty of each and every moment of his travel. With no change in time not only he but I also woke up from my sub-consciousness. It was 9:45. I was back home by 10:30 (after 45 minutes journey). I called of my day at 11:30 PM with the sense of happiness which I didn’t have 3 hours ago.
Life is full of happiness. Take breaks, spend time with you loved ones, bunk a few classes, skip meeting, miss a couple of deadlines, talk with people, get to know about things, be casual, enjoy each and every moment thinking about the present and finally BE YOURSELF.
No comments:
Post a Comment