17-July-2011 I started from Coimbatore airport to meet my parents and sister at Delhi. My parents and sister were starting from Chennai. We planned for 10 days vacation to Delhi, Shimla, Kulu and Manali. I was always afraid that my work would get affected during this vacation. Finally I decided to get rid-off the fear and make it for the trip (not matter what happens). My manager approved my vacation. On 16-July-2011 night we had a get together at ‘The Residency’ for one of our colleagues wedding treat. After a quick dinner we left. I was having this throat infection. But I was precautious enough to get all medicines on time. Next day morning 9:00 AM was my flight and I started by 7:00 AM from home. I reached Delhi by 1:00 PM, got to meet my parents and after visiting my father’s friend we started to ‘Shimla’ at 8:00 PM from Delhi. As usual my father and myself had conflict on a trivial issue (which I hardly remember). My mother and sister had to convince both of us.
18-July-2011 reached ‘Shimla’ at 7:00 AM. It was cloudy, cold, pleasant and welcoming. We reached the guest house. After refreshing ourselves we visited a few places. Our cab driver (who will be responsible for taking us everywhere) was the a person whom I didn’t think would meet. He became like a family friend. He had a family and he was very much lovable to his wife and kid. I have never seen such a satisfied person in life. I have never talked so close to my father (neither he) that we literally became friends. I vented out all my personal life experience in Trivandrum which my parents were not aware of. They were shocked to hear a few things. Not because I hid those truth to them but how I survived through all those odds. They gained a respect for me that I felt really proud off.
I liked Shimla very much – place, people, culture, food and also good looking girls :) … Each individual looked liked an artist. But they were hard-working people having their own principles. They had a moral in the life which they were living. On 21-July-2011 we started early morning at 6:00 AM and headed towards Kulu and Manali. My initial plan was to visit Shimla, get back home and allow my parents and sister to enjoy. But they were very particular on me being there. They insisted that next year none of us would be sure as to where we would be. Exactly as they said, now I am here in US, my sister in Riyadh and my parents in Chennai. I am really happy for their decision and I am very pleased that I accompanied till the end of the trip.
Reached Kulu by 8:00 PM. After some rest, we started towards skiing at 7:00 AM in the morning. It was really good. But the worst things - ice breaks, landslide and traffic. We were there to ski till afternoon. After a delightful lunch, headed towards a temple, paragliding and few other places. My parents and sister were tired, they were relaxing in the guest house. I took a walk outside. It was 11:00 PM, too cold (cannot walk with a T-Shirt and a trouser, though I did), the place was crowded with tourist from all over.
Once I told my sister and parents, we went for a small shopping. I don’t know why, when I was in Shimla I felt like it was a Switrzerland, Kulu 9and Manali) it was like Italy. It might sound crazy but I never mind :) … Next day we went to apple garden and started our way back to Delhi. We boarded for Delhi by 8:00 PM and reached by 8:00 AM. The climate was extremely opposite – hot, humid and irritating. We went for local sight-seeing for the day. The day before we started from Kulu we thought of skipping our Delhi trip. It was so nice that we loved it. I caught up with a friend from Delhi (over phone) since suddenly something made me to call and talk with a person whom I have not talked for over a year (it was a crest and trough talk). Next day was our trip to Taj-Mahal, Agra and Mathura. It was damn hot that I was sweating like anything. But I enjoyed the ancient intellectuals (thinking how they would have been as I associated them with each of the sculptures). We returned back tired. I was very hungry. We went to a south Indian hotel (guess its ‘Udipi’) and I had a full meals at 10:00 PM :) …
We headed back to our guest house with a sense of pride and joy. After some talk we went to bed. Next day morning 5:00 AM was my flight to Coimbatore. I started early and reached Coimbatore by 11:00 AM. Reached home by 12:00 noon. My parents and sister reached Chennai by 3:00 PM afternoon (I guess). It was a purely emotional, joyful and bonding trip for all of us.
Few things I learnt from the trip
- Life is never the same, overcome your ego and be nice with your parents, family and society. You will get the pleasure out of it. You feel that you are more matured.
- Meeting people and learning culture, society and life is a never ending experience. I met this cab driver, Sanjeev a good friend. He was emotionally moved when we left Shimla. He took a promise from me to return back to Shimla next time :) …
- Its not about visiting places alone when I go on such a trip – some thoughts run through my mind that makes me feel nostalgic. I called my friend just because of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment