It was 20-May-2012 morning, sun was hitting my nose and eyes, I woke up pretty early (10:00 AM), I went out for a shopping to get some basic stuff – phone and SIM card (I was wondering how a communication device changed the face of the place where we live). Yes, I know that it is U.S, but was not struck in awe. Right from driving to lifestyle, food, culture, attitude and even people’s intelligence was quite different. I took an oath on that day to learn things myself (either through GOOGLE or experience). It was on a welcoming note that I started learning quite a few things all by myself. During my childhood days I used to wonder what makes these US kids different. I have an answer – “Right from so called kindergarten, kids are independent on what they do. Here every money counts and its well understood. Care for their nation, Attitude towards people and their own way of living (taking them through all extremes) are a few things to pick from the top of my head”.
On 21-May-2012 I went to office by 8:15 AM. I was in office till 7:30 PM. Sun was showing its face that I thought it would have been only 5:00. I rushed home. Had some dinner, spoke with my parents and went to bed. The routine continued for the next one week. Only difference is I worked from home over the long weekend. In the meanwhile I was searching for apartment, creating bank account, waiting to get my SSN, purchasing things for new house. Slowly I learned the meaning and efficiency of ‘Independency’. I had to live with my brother for 1.5 months (as I didn’t get an apartment till June end). By 27-June-2012 I moved to a new apartment. Since then things life took a good toll on me.
There were day I used to shout at people for their obvious agonizing act (inside my heart). I used to boil a lot. But now I am out of it. I would like to be a saint at the hilltop just forgetting the materialistic world. I take myself to such extremes to keep myself cool. Slowly things changed – Confidence, interaction with different nation people, people approach, work-life schedule and Patience.
Now I can cook, manage a house, pay my bills, take care of my health, manage my accounts, be agile in my personal outlook, build my interest and passion and finally keep things intact. All these might seem trivial but not for the person who has gone through all these phases.
It was 5:00 PM today evening I was having a relaxed time at work. I was going through my personal emails. I started feeling nostalgic about my trip to Delhi, Shimla, Kulu and Manali. I surely want to blog my experience and memories of the trip. It’s going to be pretty soon. Till then take care…
No comments:
Post a Comment